Waiheke Literary Festival Ticket Sales
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
1. The Waiheke Literary Festival will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. The Waiheke Literary Festival does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
2. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. To the fullest extent permitted by law The Waiheke Literary Festival will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
3. The Waiheke Literary Festival will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. The Waiheke Literary Festival may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets. The Waiheke Literary Festival may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets).
Variations to performances or events
1. The Waiheke Literary Festival reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
1. You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the Waiheke Literary Festival has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
2. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
3. At some Festival events you may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
Authenticity and validity of tickets
1. Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from The Waiheke Literary Festival or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
1. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of The Waiheke Literary Festival be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder may be refused admission. The Waiheke Literary Festival will take all reasonable steps to notify you of their intention to cancel the ticket or render it invalid within a reasonable time before cancelling it or rendering it invalid.
Collection and delivery of tickets
1. You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. The Waiheke Literary Festival may change your delivery method to “venue collect” at its discretion.
2. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
1. When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by The Waiheke Literary Festival at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets.
1. While The Waiheke Literary Festival takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. The Waiheke Literary Festival may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error The Waiheke Literary Festival will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.